Total Pageviews

Monday, September 6, 2010

Charity events - Face painting at the WIAIH art show and sale September 12, 2010

I am often asked to take part in charity events where I am asked to donate my services. As much as I would love to help EVERYONE out, I have to be a little choosy about which bookings I take. First of all, I CANNOT offer my services for free. While I do not mind donating my time, I do have supplies to purchase and travel expenses to cover. This having been said, I do offer my services to charitable groups at a greatly reduced fee and encourage the charity to either charge per face or put a donation box on my table so that people can give what they like.

That having been said, this Sunday (weather permitting) I will be painting at the WIAIH art show and sale at beautiful Stewart Hall on the shores of Lac St.Louis in Pointe-Claire. If you are not familiar with the WIAIH, it stands for the West Island Association for the Intellectually Handicapped. Their main office is right around the corner from my house and my neighbor Anne works there as well. It is a local association that I was happy to help out with. I would have been face painting on both days, but I was already booked for Saturday, so I will be there on Sunday, September 12th, from 1-4 p.m. Even if you cannot afford to buy any artwork on that day, perhaps you will consider putting a few dollars into the donation box on my table for some "temporary artwork" that will put a smile on your child's face!

Come on out - I'd love to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment